A day trip to Kos from Bodrum can be easily organised thanks to the daily ferry connections, and as the island has so much to offer it is definitely worthwhile. Cycle Turkey offers guided day tours on Kos, starting and ending in Bodrum. For these tours it is possible to choose between renting a hybrid bike or an e-bike.
Kos captivates with its diverse landscape: kilometres of sandy beaches alternate with rolling hills. Mediterranean plant life thrives near the coast and Lake Tingaki serves as a nesting place for many migratory birds. If you long for culture, Kos is the place to be. The most famous excavation site on the island is Asklepion, the sanctuary and sanatorium dedicated to Asclepius, the god of healing.
The minimum number of participants is 4. If the number of participants is not reached, 4 pax fee will be charged.
8:30am – The meeting point for the tour is in front of the St. Peter Fortress in Bodrum. Here you will be given your rental gear (hybrid-/e-bike, pannier, helmet for rent). Your rental bike will be adjusted to you with the help of our experienced guides. This will be followed by a safety briefing and a detailed explanation of the planned bike tour.
9:30am – Crossing to the island of Kos. Here we will start our cycling tour, which will first lead us to the sanctuary of Asclepios, the god of healing, made famous by the Kos-born doctor Hippocrates. After the tour we will cycle on through the beautiful island landscape and fragrant pine forests to the mountain village of Zia, where we will have lunch.
Afterwards we will continue by bike through silver-green olive groves to the seaside village of Lambi. Here there will be the opportunity to take a well-deserved swimming break on the beautiful sandy beach before returning to the town of Kos.
4:30pm – Crossing from Kos and return of rental gear on arrival in Bodrum.
Good to know
- You will need to have a valid identity card (in some cases) or passport (valid for at least 6 months) for entry into and departure from Greece and Turkey.
- Please note that our tours outside of the city occasionally follow slightly bumpy roads for which you will require a certain basic level of fitness and safe cycling technique.
- Please dress appropriately for a cycling tour. You are more than welcome to bring your own click pedals and saddle. We will be happy to mount them on your rental bike.
- Helmets are mandatory on our guided group tours. If you do not have your own helmet, you will be given one with your rental bike.
- You will be given a pannier along with your rental hybrid- or e-bike for storing drinking water and any personal belongings you wish to have with you on the tour.
- There are no time restrictions! Our aim is to have a tour during which you can enjoy the beautiful surroundings without feeling rushed. The guides will provide you with detailed information and a map of the route.
- We suggest that you bring some money for personal expenses such as drinks.
- If you need medication along the way, please take it with you. Please do not use perfume or deodorant on the day of the trip, both attract wasps and bees.
- Make sure you remember to bring a swimsuit and a towel for swimming breaks.
- Please note that your participation in our day tours is at your own risk. No claims can be made against Cycle Turkey in case of damage or loss of your own equipment or in case of injury. Before the tour you will be asked to sign an agreement to this effect.
Price per Person
- 130 € (hybrid bike)
- 160 € (e-bike)
Services included in tour price
- 24-gear hybrid bike or e-bike with Ortlieb pannier and rental helmet
- Rental bike insurance
- Bottled water for the duration of the tour
- Ferry ticket from Bodrum to Kos and back
- Multilingual tour guide (English, German, Turkish)
Not included in price:
- Entrance to Asklepion on Kos
To experience this adventure with us, you can create a booking request by filling out the form below. Our team will contact you as soon as possible.